Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mittens for my kitten

I have a 19 month old daughter. She is a sprightly thing and full of excess energy. She's a runner, and a partier, but she does have cold hands. And feet. And since her mama is a nalbinder, her mama is making her some nice winter wear. However, I'm dreaming of making her a version of these in red wool:

With blue flowers, instead of red. Aren't they gorgeous? I need to look into Scandinavian embroidery designs, in order that I could find her the perfect match. Hmmmm....girlfriend loves dogs. I wonder if they've got a special pattern with dogs? Doubt it.

My current projects include:

1. Finnish stitch mittens for me (multi coloured wool) - half done!
I will start the second when I'm finished with Loki's socks. Her tootsies are kaaaaalt.

2. Broden stitch tomte hat for me (matching) - just started!
An observation: Broden takes a heck of a lot of wool. But it is a pretty stitch, no denying. The stitch thickness is right under the Finnish, but waaay thicker than the Oslo and Asle stitches. I'll do a discussion of this over the weekend.

3. Loki-daughter socks - half done!
In red. Of course. And she doesn't like me making her try them on. I'm working these in Oslo stitch and they're coming along swimmingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment