Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fun nalbindet wrist warmers

Once upon a time there was a Mimi (grandmother) who wanted to have some nalbindet wrist warmers. It was cold in Dortmund, you see, and her house full of tile and wood - not necessarily the best of surfaces for a warm winter environment. Also, her mother knitted and she didn't want knitted mitts, she wanted NALBINDET mitts. A quite intelligent woman, imo.

So her darling, most wonderful and talented daughter in law brought some lovely thin wool thread to the hospital where she currently sat to get a type of chemo for her foot and made these from a tight Oslo stitch:

And then the lovely wonderful daughter in law had to try them on. Heh. Because well, that's what I do. Try things on I make.

Don't you think my fingers are skinny and nice? Pity about my rear end. For the record, I added the fluff at the bottom as an experiment to see how it would look. It looks very good on.

No comments:

Post a Comment